Wednesday, February 3, 2010

this is what i look like today


here's a poem i found on the internet... i think it's kinda cool...a little angsty, but it poetry, you know? haha comment what you think of it!


echo of my heart

(i couldn't find the author's actual name)

the door shuts behind me with a click.
i take a deep breath
and run.
my scuffed shoes hit the ground softly, silently
they don't slam, not yet
i hear only my footsteps on the crowded street
so i listen to the echo of my broken heart .
i pass by hookers, drug dealers, knockoff-sellers,
mothers with their screaming babies
but i don't see them.
i concentrate on the road before me
as my footsteps echo the beating of my broken heart.
I don't think of you.
or of her.
i don't remember how i cried
when i found out she was
the only one who was meant for you to love
that i would
never be yours.
i simply run
and listen to the echo of my broken heart
i don't run for you
i don't run for her
i'm not even sure
i run for me.
i run to feel alive,
to look ahead,
and to listen to the echo of my broken heart.


xoxo

ems

3 comments:

  1. That's AMAZING!!!!!!

    It's great to find you blogging again... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah i thought it was alright. yeah! haha im surprized at how much i missed it :)

    ReplyDelete